Cooked Vegetables Spinach Salad
Quick, easy, and healthy salad with a variety of cooked veggies.
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 avocado
- Wash and drain spinach leaves. Put the spinach into your serving bowl
- Thinly slice mushroom, onions, and red bell pepper.
- Dice sweet potato into cubes and mince 2 cloves of garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat
- Sauté chopped onion for 1 minute and then, add the garlic and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add another tbsp of olive oil and the potatoes and broccoli. Continue to stir everything in the pan until all the vegetables are cooked. Add a tbsp of water to finish cooking vegetables if necessary.
- Add 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to the mixture and take off the heat.
- Add the 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to the mixture and take off the heat.
- Optional: Serve with a poached egg for extra protein
The star ingredient in this warm salad is mushroom. Adding mushrooms to your meal incorporates lean protein into your meal without having to consume meat. This fungi also contain over 12 vitamins and minerals. Among over a dozen vitamins and minerals is Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is mostly associated with animal products, but mushrooms are among the few plant sources that provide some B12. Mushrooms also provide lots of Vitamin D2. As we age, our skin’s ability to make Vitamin D from sunlight decreases, so get as much Vitamin D as you can form your diet.