I love making this very easy, simple dish! It’s super healthy and quick to make. You can also add your own ingredients, whatever suits your fancy. This is great to have for lunch or dinner.
Table of Contents
Salsa Pico de Gallo
- 3 vine tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cup hummus
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Take the watery center out of the tomatoes. Slice tomatoes into strips and then, dice into small pieces. Optional: sprinkle salt on tomatoes
- Dice the onions and marinade it in 1/2 the juice of 1 lemon.
- Combine 1 cup of quinoa with 1 1/2 cups of water in a small, tall pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cut the jalapeño into strips and then dice it into small pieces. Put the diced jalapeños in with the tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, combine the hummus with the leftover lemon juice.
- Chop up cilantro and mix it with the tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Combine the lemon marinated onions with the tomato, jalapeño, and cilantro mixture to make salsa pico de gallo.
- Cut an avocado in half and scoop out the flesh. Cut the avocado into slices or dice it depending on your liking.
- Once the quinoa is done, let it cool down and then drain out the water.
- To assemble the buddha bowl, put about 3 tablespoons of black beans and about 3 tablespoons of quinoa on a plate. Drizzle the hummus dressing over the black-beans and quinoa. Lastly, put the pico de gallo (about 7 teaspoons) and avocado slices on top.